VMware vCenter Orchestrator is a development- and process-automation platform that provides a library of extensible workflows to allow you to create and run automated, configurable processes to manage the VMware vSphere infrastructure as well as other VMware and third-party technologies.
VMware vRealize Orchestrator simplifies the automation of complex IT tasks and integrates with VMware vCloud Suite components to adapt and extend service delivery and operational management, effectively working with existing infrastructure, tools and processes.
Orchestrator exposes every operation in the vCenter Server API, allowing you to integrate all of these operations into your automated processes. Orchestrator also allows you to integrate with other management and administration solutions through its open plug-in architecture.
- Introduction to VMware vCenter Orchestrator
- Orchestrator System Requirements
- Setting Up Orchestrator Components
- Installing and Upgrading Orchestrator
- Configuring the Orchestrator Server
- Configuring vCenter Orchestrator in the Orchestrator Appliance
- Configuring Orchestrator by Using the Configuration Plug-In and the REST API.
- Additional Configuration Options
- Configuration Use Cases and Troubleshooting
- Setting System Properties
Orchestrator contains a workflow library and a workflow engine to allow you to create and run workflows that automate orchestration processes. You run workflows on the objects of different technologies that Orchestrator accesses through a series of plug-ins.
Orchestrator provides a standard set of plug-ins, including a plug-in for vCenter Server, to allow you to orchestrate tasks in the different environments that the plug-ins expose.