Power OFF unresponsive VM
When we are unable to perform any task on VM or hung issues then we need to follow the below process..
Connect to ESXi host via SSH by using putty
- run ESXTOP
- press “c” to open the CPU view
- shift + V to display VMs only.
- press “f” to add/remove fields(to change the display fields)
- press “c” to add the field LWID Leader World Id (World Group ID)
- press “k” to open the kill prompt:
- type in the LWID from the target virtual machine
- wait 30 seconds and take care that the process is no longer listed