Orchestrator System Requirements
Hardware Requirements for Orchestrator
Verify that your system meets the minimum hardware requirements before you install Orchestrator.
- 0GHz or faster Intel or AMD x86 processor. At least two CPUs are recommended. Processor
- requirements might differ if your database runs on the same hardware.
- 4GB RAM. You might need more RAM if your database runs on the same hardware.
- 2GB disk space. You might need more storage if your database runs on the same hardware.
- A free static IP address.
Hardware Requirements for the Orchestrator Appliance
The Orchestrator Appliance is a preconfigured Linux-based virtual machine. Before you deploy the
appliance, verify that your system meets the minimum hardware requirements.
The Orchestrator Appliance has the following hardware configuration:
- 2 CPUs
- 3GB of memory
- 12GB hard disk
Do not reduce the default memory size, because the Orchestrator server requires at least 2GB of free space
You can install the Orchestrator server only on 64-bit operating systems.
Orchestrator is also available as a virtual appliance running on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
Orchestrator Database Requirements
The Orchestrator server requires a database. For small-scale deployments, you can use the SQL Server
Express database that is bundled with vCenter Server or the preconfigured Orchestrator database. For better
performance in a production environment, use a separate database for Orchestrator.