Installation of SQL Server for SCOM
The below configuration and installation steps are aimed for All-in-One server installation of SCOM, SQL and Reporting components.
Hardware Configuration (Recommended):
- Intel(R) Xeon (R) CPU 2.33 Ghz or above (2 Processors and 64 bit Server)
- 32 GB RAM
- 2 TB Hard Drive
Software Configuration (Recommended):
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 with latest Service Pack
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 with SP1 or latest Service Pack
System Center Operations Manager R2 (SCOM)
At least one high privileged Service Accounts with mailbox.
• Instance Name (Default / Named – If there is not any specific required for named instance, install on default instance)
• Service Account with Administrator privileges.
• Microsoft IIS services are required for both Reporting and SCOM Web console installation. If your server is Windows 2008, then follow the below procedure to enable the IIS services.
• On the server, run Server Manager