Fix Blue Screen Windows Stop Error – BSOD 0x0000007B
Inaccessible Boot Device or 0x07b Stop Error
The 0x0000007B Blue Screen Error is one of the most common windows stop errors and can have its source in a bad hardware, outdated driver, corrupted registry or a virus. The stop error occurs accompanied, along with the BSOD, with one of the following factors:
- Windows restarts and you see the message: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damages.
- Windows restarts and you see the message: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error.
- Windows restarts and you see other less common error messages ( like hal.dll error).
As bad and scary as it sounds…it is curable and fixable…most of the times anyway.
I have put together a check list of steps to perform when you get the 0x0000007B Stop Error and recommendation on what to do to avoid getting BSOD in the future.
Causes of BSOD and 0x07B Error
The 0x0000007B Error, commonly, can be triggered by the following factors:
- Outdated or Corrupted Drivers – A device driver was poorly installed or outdated.
- System File Corruption – A program or a virus corrupted windows system files.
- Hardware malfunctions – New Hardware might not be compatible with existing or it just stopped working from other reasons.
- Registry Corruption – A virus or a program overwrote the registry keys or deleted some keys.
- Viruses – A virus had deleted, overwritten or changed important files that are need for Windows to function properly.
Solutions to Windows Stop Errors – Part 1
Fixing the Blue Screen of Death 0x07B error can be slightly difficult if you are not an advanced PC user. I hope that the steps i provide will help any level PC user to solve this windows stop error.
STEP 1. Obviously your PC has been restarted. If it turned back on and you did not experience another BSOD, you are a lucky fellow. Do not perform any of the steps below, unless or until you get another blue screen.
STEP 2. Check your hard drive and make sure it is properly installed.
- Set the jumper to Master, if you want to use it as primary disk or Slave if you ant to use it as a secondary drive.
- Make sure the IDE or SATA cable is properly and securely connected to your hard-drive.
- Make sure the power cable is properly connected: the red wire should be on the inside of the cable.
- Please use the screws and screw back your hard drive.
STEP 4. You installed new drivers for your hard drive or any other hardware and you get stop 0x07b error and blue screen.
- Restart PC, while restarting press F8 to go to advanced boot options and choose: Last Known Good Configuration.
- Boot into windows and perform a system restore. Choose the restore point immediately before the installation of new drivers.
- If you know what drivers you have installed, go to Device manager and perform a driver rollback.
STEP 5. Update drivers for your entire system. NOTE: If you are an advance PC user you can uninstall old and install new drivers manually. If you are not one, go with professional programs – that do it for you. It is your choice.
The Driver Software that i personally use and recommend is Driver Robot. Read Below In Tips &Tricks my review about it.