1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space:
16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card:
DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Make sure you are running the latest version of either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
- Windows 10 Home users will receive updates from Windows Update automatically when it’s available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to postpone updates. The amount of time that Windows 10 Pro users can postpone updates is limited.
- An internet connection2 is required to perform the upgrade. Windows 10 is a large file — about 3 GB — and Internet access (ISP) fees might apply.
- The upgradeability of a device includes factors beyond the system specification. This includes driver and firmware support, application compatibility, and feature support, regardless of whether or not the device meets the minimum system specification for Windows 10.
- If your PC or tablet is currently running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you can check to see if it meets the requirements by using ‘Check my PC’ in the Get Windows 10 app. To open the Get Windows 10 app, click on the small Windows icon found at the right end of the taskbar. If you don’t see it, visit our Windows 10 Q&A page for more info.
- Many applications, files, and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade. However, some applications or settings may not migrate.