- Organization unit provides the ability to organize the network in a logical manner and the physical structure of the network .
- Active Directory uses a special container known as an OU’s to organize the objects within a domain for the purpose of administration.
- OU’s can be used to split a domain into administrative divisions that mirror the functional or physical separation within the company.
- An OU’s can contains user accounts, computers, printers, shared folders and any other object within a domain.
- OU’s can be used to separate Administrative function within a domain without granting administrative rights to the whole domain.
- An OU is the smallest element to which can assign administrative rights.
- OU’s can be used to delegate authority and control within a domain.