Monitoring Disk Activity
- On the Start menu, select All Programs, choose Administrative Tools*, and click Performance.
- In the Performance window, click the Add button on the toolbar in the graph area.
- In the Add Counters dialog box, select either the Use Local Computer Counters or the Select Counters From Computer radio button to determines where the counters are to be added from.
- If selecting counters from another computer, select the computer from the Select Counters From Computer drop-down.
- From the Performance Object drop-down, click PhysicalDisk.
- Select the All Counters radio button to monitor all the physical disk counters in the System Monitor graph.
- To monitor a specific counter, select the Select Counters From List radio button and then select the counter in the associated list box.
- Click the Add button to add the counter to the graph.
- Repeat until all the necessary counters have been added.
- Click the Close button when finished.
* If Administrative Tools is not an available option, then it must be enabled to appear in the Start menu.
- Right click the Start menu and select Properties.
- On the Start Menu tab, select the Start Menu radio button, and click the Customize button.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Start Menu Items area, scroll down to the bottom of the list.
- Select the Display on the All Program Menu and the Start Menu radio button.
- Click the OK button.