Install Base Management Packs
This section provides the path to obtain latest Management Packs (MP), download, Install and importing MP procedure.
Where can I get the latest MPs?
All the updated management can be found in the below location. You can select based on your Operations Manager version which is shown in the below picture
You can also view all Management Packs which can be found at the bottom of the page.
Install Management Pack:
For a basic monitoring (Windows, SQL and IIS), you might need the following management packs.
- Windows Server Base OS System Center Operations Manager 2007 MP
- Windows Server Internet Information Services System Center Operations Manager 2007 MP
- Microsoft SQL Server System Center Operations Manager 2007 MP
Download the necessary packs and store it in a place. It would be saved as “Windows Installer packages” format. Execute the installer package and it will be stored in the below location by default.
\\ServerName\c$\Program Files\System Center Management Packs
Import Management Pack:
- Open “Operations Console” à Administration Tab à Check whether you can see the “Actions” column in the right hand side. If not, click on “Action” button from the top.
- Select “Import Management Pack” from the “Actions” column which is shown below.
3. Select “Add” à “Add from Disk” from the below screen.
4. Select “No” on the “Online Catalog Connection” and then select the folder where you installed the managements (If you selected a default location, the folder path would be c$\Program Files\System Center Management Packs).
5. Select all the MPs you required then click “Open” and then Select “Install” to complete the importing procedure.
6. Once imported, you can see the list on all new management packs under “Management Packs” screen with version name.
7. you to take the backup of the encryption keys.