HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language):
- It is a not a programming language , it is markup language.
- Markup is the process of giving some extra features of normal text.
- A Markup language is a set of markup tags.
- HTML tags are keywords surrounded by angle brackets like <html>
- An HTML document is call a webpage.
- A website is a collection of webpages.
- An HTML document is saved in the extension of .html or .htm.
- The purpose of a web browser is to read HTML documents and display them as webpages.
- HTML was created by Berners Lee in late 1991.
- Below are the Versions.
HTML 2.0 1995
HTML 3.2 1997
HTML 4.0.1 1999
- HTML Documents can be created using any of the editors like
- Edit plus
- Microsoft web matrix
- Sublime text editor or
- Any web IDEs (Integrated Development Environments like Microsoft visual studio, Eclipse, Net beans IDE, Etc.)
HTML Tags can be of two types. They are:
- Paired Tag – A paired tag has got opening tag or start tag and closing tag or end tag.
- UnPaired Tags: It will not have closing tag. Unpaired tags are also known as singular or stand-alone or empty tags.
e.g.: <br> <hr> <img>
HTML Document Structure:
HTML Document Structure has got two sections:
- Header Section
<head> ……. </head> —Used to
- Provide a title of webpage
- Specify the Meta Tags etc.
- Body Section
<body> …. </body>
- Used to specify the visible page content which will be displayed in the document region of the browser.
<head> Document header related tags information about the page</head>
<body> Body related tags</body>
HTML Heading Tags:
- Headings are defined with the <h1> to <h6> tags and are aired tags.
- While displaying any heading browser adds one line before and one line after that heading – block elements.
- One line Element
- Block Element