How to reset password for the Vsphere local user – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Log in to the vCenter Server with a domain administrator account.
2. Open an elevated command prompt.
3. Run c:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VMware\CIS\vmdird\vdcadmintool.exe.
4. Press 3 to enter the Reset account password option.
5. When prompted for the Account DN, enter: cn=Administrator,cn=users,dc=vSphere,dc=local
6. A new password is now generated.
7. Login to webclient and reset the password to your choice.