- 1. On the Start menu, select All Programs, choose Accessories, select System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
- 2. The Disk Cleanup program is used to free up space by files that are no longer being used in the hard drive.
- 3. In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, click the Disk Cleanup tab.
- 4. In the Files to Delete list box, click the location of the files to be deleted. (
IMPORTANT : Do not check the box next to “Compress old file”.)
- 5. Click the OK button to start deleting.
- 6. Click the Yes button.